Sass for Web Designers
What's New in Scout-App
|Version Comparison||2012 (0.7.1)||2019 (2.18.16)|
|Sass Version||2012 (Ruby)||2019 (SassC)|
|Technology||Air, Java, Ruby||NW.js, Node|
|Cross-Platform||OSX, Windows||Windows, Linux, OSX|
|Syntax Support||scss and sass||scss and sass|
|Compass Support||Full Support||Only Mixins|
|Speed||Potato||Kitten with a Jetpack|
|Project Setup||Manual||Automatic & Manual|
|Themes||1||20 + Create your own|
|Alerts & Errors||Silent Console logs||Human Readable in UI, Desktop Notifications, Audio, console|
|Custom Mixin Libraries||No||Yes|
|Languages||English||English + 30 more (contribute more)|
Scout-App runs on many different operating systems. Click a logo below to see screenshots from some of the supported OS's.
Editing a Project
Scout-App is recommended by:
- The official Sass Language website
- John W. Long, Managing Editor of TheSassWay.com —
Making it easier to use Sass.
- A List Apart —
A fast and easy way to work with Sass.
- Mashable —
Manage your projects effortlessly. Scout does all the heavy lifting.
- Professor Deverell (NYU) —
Big success. Really helped my students understand the process to have a GUI for Sass before creating our own NPM script for Node-Sass.
- noeticforce —
Scout comes to the rescue and takes all the pain away. I love Scout and recommend it to everyone.
- Impressive Webs —
Dead simple to get started preprocessing.
- Web Resources Depot —
Allows anyone to make use of Sass without the complexity of the command line.
- Template Monster —
Scout-App delivers more control, organization, and optimization to web designers, making their CSS workflow a snap.
- OS Training —
If you are looking for free software to compile your Sass, this is a great option.
- Johnstonian Era —
It’s crazy simple to use.
Albanian, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Redneck, Romanian, Russian, Spanish (Argentina), Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, & Vietnamese
Scout-App 2 was designed with a powerful translation engine allowing it to change languages on the fly.
Translating Scout-App 2 Instructions
- Login to your Google Account.
- Go to the translation file on Google Sheets.
- There is an en column for the English version, and a CONTEXT column that explains the usage of the text.
- All other languages are laid out alphabetically.
- Create a new column for your language.
- Translate all of the en phrases. Add another column for any notes related to your translations.
- Add an issue to GitHub to inform us of an update to the document.
As an open source project, Scout-App could not exist without the support and contributions of our users and the open source community.
Scout-App 2 Development
- The Jared Wilcurt - Creator, Maintainer, Project Manager
- Stephan Raab - Themes feature, Bug Testing
- Daniel Golant - UX Testing and Design
- Kim Sharpe - New Logo Design
- zdennis - UX Design and Planning
- mejiaj - UX Design and Planning
- ewiggle - FTUX UX Design and Planning
- Nic Bertino - FTUX UX Design and Planning
- i-mure - Donated the Scout-App GitHub Organization name to us, thanks!
Scout-App 2 Website
- The Jared Wilcurt - Project Management, Site Content, General styles, Image optimization
- Matthew Allbright - Downloads Dashboard
- Luis Rodriguez - Dynamic GitHub API integration
- Kim Sharpe - Logo/Branding
- Micah Cowell - Gulp setup, Automated Sass processing, JS Minification/Uglification, Hot reloading, LoFi Mockups/Wireframes
Scout-App 2 Translators
Most of these themes are supplied from BootSwatch. However you can create your own custom theme too.
Minimum System Requirements
At least 64MB of available RAM. At least 111MB of free space. XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10. 32-Bit or 64-Bit OS (ARM not supported).
At least 64MB of available RAM. At least 159MB of free space. 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11. 64-Bit OS only (32-Bit and ARM are not supported).
At least 64MB of available RAM. At least 152MB of free space. Ubuntu 12, Ubuntu 14, Ubuntu 16, Debian 8, Zorin 9, Zorin 11. 32-Bit or 64-Bit OS (ARM not supported). Some other Linux OS's (particularly Debian based) may work, though are not officially supported.
Simply add the
@import into your code to have access to that library.
If we've missed a popular mixin library, request it on the issues page.
Scout-App was made with:
Scout-App has officially partnered with DevSwag to sell stickers of our logo. They have the highest quality stickers and help fund lots of popular open source projects, including Sass.